In addition to being able to fit into your skinny jeans, incorporating regular exercise into your routine can help improve your mood, your quality of sleep, and even your complexion. The American Heart Association recommends on of the following exercise levels:
- 30 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic activity at least 5 days per week
- 25 minutes of vigorous aerobic activity at least 3 days per week
- Some combination of moderate and vigorous activities at least 2 or more days per week
We know it can be tough to get into the workout groove but here are some words of encouragement from our Expert, Dr. Zhu, that will help you stick to your workout routine.
- Develop long term habits rather than short term temporary gains – While 60 day workout plans can get you motivated they don’t have the staying power you need to stay healthy in the long run. Be sure to incorporate additional workouts alongside your jumpstart program.
- Find a workout buddy – Studies show that having a workout partner helps you support your goals and pushes you to hit the gym (even on the days you are too tired to go).
- Track your steps – Try downloading a step-tracking app (like Argus for iPhone) as a way of continuous feedback for your physical activity, as a way to encourage you to continue to stay active. Being able to track your progress over the next few months is crucial to staying motivated.
We have experts who are here to help you develop an exercise routine if you need it. Ask a fitness question on JustAnswer and get expert advice today.