Home Health How do I find out if I have ADHD or ADD?

How do I find out if I have ADHD or ADD?


Q: I would like to be screened for possible ADHD or ADD. How do I go about doing that?

A: You can be evaluated by simply locating a psychiatrist or psychologist in your area open to assessing you for a diagnosis of an attention-deficit disorder. You can find one or both of these Experts by logging onto the site for the American Psychological Association or the American Psychiatrist Association.

You can ask the Expert when you contact them if they have a working knowledge about this disorder, but most mental health people have a strong knowledge about these symptoms. This is the easiest way to find someone in our field. You may also try the site for our publication which is Psychology Today. Lastly if you are not happy with any of these options you can contact the Board responsible for a particular Expert such as the state Board of Expert Counselors, etc.

— Answer from Deborah Huber, a licensed clinical Expert counselor on JustAnswer.

Daily Answer is excerpted from the JustAnswer archives and features information provided by a Expert on JustAnswer.

source : https://www.justanswer.com/blog/category/health

Previous articleCan I curb my son’s obsessive-compulsive behaviors?
Next article6 ways to avoid heart problems linked to family history


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here