We think it is important to always work on making the world a better place. Whether it is through charity, volunteering, donations or a little inward introspection, working to make things better is always work worth doing. In honor of Self Improvement Month we have listed 5 things you can start doing to better yourself today.
1. Pick up a New Hobby – Yes, we are all busy with little free time for things like hobbies but these activities can help you stretch yourself physically and mentally. Learn to paint, rock climb, swing dance – whether it is athletic or recreational – it is important to reward yourself with activities that you enjoy.
2. Take a Class – Have you always wanted to learn French or expand your coding skills? Taking a class whether it is at a community college or a learning center is a great way to gain new knowledge and skills. If you can’t commit to a long term course look at one day seminars or workshops to help you gain additional insights.
3. Rise and Shine – While most of us find the snooze button to be our best friend, and enemy, studies have shown waking up between 5 and 6am improves productivity and overall quality of life. Research has also revealed that early risers are more likely to anticipate problems and minimize them efficiently, which leads to more successful in the business world.
4. Get into the groove. We have said it before and we will say it again, getting into a regular exercise routine is an all around benefit. Not only does it help get you in better physical shape, it also helps with mental focus. 30 minutes of exercise 3 times a week is recommended by most physicians but that doesn’t mean you have to stick to the same activity. Choose a few exercise routines you enjoy and rotate them throughout the week to keep engaged
5. Lists are your friend. Starting the day by drafting a list of To Dos can help you remain focused and increase your productivity. For exceptionally busy people drafting To Do lists helps minimize stress, create order as well as effectively prioritize and organize your time. Additionally, at the end of the day you can look at the tasks you have completed and feel accomplished.
How many of these do you already do? Which ones do you think you will be adopting into your daily life? Tell us in the comments below.