Home Insurance When is the annual enrollment period 2023?

When is the annual enrollment period 2023?


Welcome to the website healthandinsurancequotes.com

Right now there’s reading the article entitled When is the annual enrollment period 2023?


How can people enroll in Original Medicare Parts A and B during the Annual Enrollment Period (AEP) for 2023 and what are the options available to them?

There are four ways that people can enroll in Original Medicare Parts A and B: 

  1. Online 
  2. By calling the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) 
  3. By visiting their local Social Security office 
  4. Through a professional insurance agent or broker 

Option 1: Online 

People can visit www.Medicare.gov to enroll in Medicare online. They will need to create an account and fill out an application. Once the application is complete, CMS will automatically enroll them in Original Medicare (Parts A & B). If they want prescription drug coverage (Part D), they will need to select a plan during the enrollment process. 

Option 2: By calling CMS 

People can call CMS at 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) to speak with a customer service representative who will help them enroll in Medicare over the phone. TTY users can call 1-877-486-2048. People who are deaf or hard of hearing can call 711 for relay services. Representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 

Option 3: Visiting their local Social Security office 

People can visit their local Social Security office to sign up for Medicare in person. They will need to bring certain documents, like their birth certificate or passport, proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful presence, and proof of identity. Once they have everything they need, a Social Security representative can help them sign up for Parts A & B and Part D, if they want it.  

Option 4: Through a professional insurance agent or broker 

Some people might find it helpful to work with a professional insurance agent or broker when signing up for Medicare coverage because they can offer guidance about which parts of Medicare people should enroll in and what kind of insurance coverage might be right for them based on their budget and health care needs—and help them enroll in the plans of their choice. To find an agent or broker in their area, people may visit www.medicareoptionsbystate/searchlocally/. Professional insurance agents and brokers get paid by commissions from the insurance companies whose plans they sell—not by CMS, Medicare, or any other government agencies—so their services should be free of charge to enrollees. There is no obligation to enroll in a plan.

What Are My Options for Coverage? 

There are two main types of Medicare plans: Original Medicare with a Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan and Medicare Advantage Plans.

Original Medicare is a fee-for-service plan that includes Part A (hospital insurance) and Part B (medical insurance). You can use any doctor or hospital that accepts Medicare patients.  Original Medicare covers roughly 80% of your hospital and medical costs, with no cap to financial exposure.  This is why people also get a Medicare Supplement insurance plan, which has an additional monthly premium, to help cover the other roughly 20% of hospital and medical costs and cap financial exposure.  You can also buy a Part D plan to help pay for prescription drugs since Original Medicare Parts A and B does not cover prescription drugs.

Or, you can choose a Medicare Advantage Plan, also called Medicare Part C. These plans include at a minimum Medicare Parts A and B, and usually also include Medicare Part D Prescription Drug plan benefits. They’re offered by private companies that contract with Medicare.


all information on this website cannot be fully accounted for, always be a wise and smart reader in taking information. Thank you for visiting our website

Source : https://apollo-insurance.com/blog/

Previous articleWhen is open enrollment for health insurance in 2022?
Next articleDo Travel Nurses Get Health Insurance?


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here